I’ve discovered a new, super simple breakfast treat that I have to share – mini quiches! They are the perfect bite size and you can make them in advance and have them for the week!
I made these recently for Chloe’s birthday brunch and I loved them so much I wanted to share the recipe. Since I was serving a farm-themed breakfast, I wanted to include “fresh farm eggs”. These mini quiches were the perfect option since they’re easy to serve individually and I could make a variety of options for guests.
What I love about these is that you can add any type of vegetable or cheese – just remember to sauté the veggies before adding the eggs to the mixture.
Below is the recipe for the spinach, mushroom, tomatoes and goat cheese quiches but I also made sausage, peppers and onions quiches. Up to you!
I cooked these the day before the party and simply re-heated them. You can easily do the same over the weekend and serve them as an easy breakfast during the busy week days.
Mini Breakfast Quiches
Ingredients (makes 12)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups Bella mushrooms
- 1 bag of spinach
- 1 cup goat cheese
- 5 eggs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- PAM or olive oil spray for muffin tin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and spray muffin tins thoroughly
- Chop tomatoes in half
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil to sauté pan and seer mushrooms and tomatoes until soft (about 5 min). Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil to same sauté pan and add spinach until cooked (about 3 min)
- Add eggs to mixing bowl and whisk. Then add in all veggies and goat cheese. Stir gently.
- Add mixture to muffin tins. Only fill 3/4 way.
- Bake in oven for 13 min. Poke with a toothpick to ensure there is no liquid residue. If there is continue to bake.
- A healthy eating series focusing on simple, low carb/sugar dishes in 30 minutes or less. For more info on how MS affects my eating habits, click here.