Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
August 23, 2016 9 CommentsCategory: Healthy Eating
Tags: Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps, Healthy Eating
I was hosting a few friends for dinner and wanted to make something fun and flavorful so I settled on Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps. I am a big fan of this recipe – they’re easy to make and once you buy the staples, like hoisin, rice vinegar, and soy sauce, you’ll have them in the pantry for a million Asian-influenced recipes down the line. I paired these with a slaw and cucumber salad and it was a hit! Best of all, I could make all of the items in advance and simply re-heat the meat once they arrived.Ingredients
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Cooking spray
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 8 oz can of water chestnuts
- 2 tbsp chopped unsalted cashews
- 2 scallions
- 1 head of bib lettuce
- 1 package grated carrots
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the hoisin, vinegar, Sriracha, soy sauce, and ginger. Set aside.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium/high heat. Spray with cooking spray and then add chicken.
- Cook until browned and cooked through. 8 – 10 min.
- Add the water chestnuts (chopped), carrots and cashews to the pan
- Pour the hoisin mixture on top and cook for 1-2 min.
- Stir in the scallions
- Clean and lay out bib lettuce and add chicken to each to serve
A healthy eating series focusing on simple, low carb/sugar dishes in 30 minutes or less. For more info on how MS affects my eating habits, click here.
August 23, 2016 at 10:24 am
These lettuce wraps look delicious! Thanks for the recipe – will definitely try.
August 23, 2016 at 1:57 pm
Awesome! You will love!!
August 23, 2016 at 12:37 pm
Oh my gosh, yum!!! Next time I am in town, I want these. 🙂 🙂
August 23, 2016 at 1:56 pm
Just come home and they’re yours 😉
August 24, 2016 at 9:25 am
Angie – can you share your recipe for the cole slaw in the picture? It looks so good!
August 24, 2016 at 4:06 pm
Yes! It’s actually super easy (as is everything I do, haha!). I just buy two different bags of coleslaw mix from TJs, and just add veganaise, salt and pepper. I am going to write something soon about this product because I LOVE it. It’s so healthy, low fat and tastes just like mayo – without being bad for you! Just mix a few tablespoons, shake well and add salt/pepper and that’s it! Keeping it in the fridge for 30 mintues+ before you serve is best so it soaks in. 🙂
August 24, 2016 at 4:29 pm
how much hoisin? 🙂
August 24, 2016 at 4:33 pm
oops! Thanks for catching that 🙂 1/4 cup!
August 26, 2016 at 9:57 pm
Thanks! Made these last night..so easy (even with two kids in tow) and delicious!