Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
August 23, 2016 9 CommentsCategory: Healthy Eating
Tags: Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps, Healthy Eating
I was hosting a few friends for dinner and wanted to make something fun and flavorful so I settled on Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps. I am a big fan of this recipe – they’re easy to make and once you buy the staples, like hoisin, rice vinegar, and soy sauce, you’ll have them in the pantry for a million Asian-influenced recipes down the line. I paired these with a slaw and cucumber salad and it was a hit! Best of all, I could make all of the items in advance and simply re-heat the meat once they arrived.Ingredients
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Cooking spray
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 8 oz can of water chestnuts
- 2 tbsp chopped unsalted cashews
- 2 scallions
- 1 head of bib lettuce
- 1 package grated carrots
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the hoisin, vinegar, Sriracha, soy sauce, and ginger. Set aside.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium/high heat. Spray with cooking spray and then add chicken.
- Cook until browned and cooked through. 8 – 10 min.
- Add the water chestnuts (chopped), carrots and cashews to the pan
- Pour the hoisin mixture on top and cook for 1-2 min.
- Stir in the scallions
- Clean and lay out bib lettuce and add chicken to each to serve
A healthy eating series focusing on simple, low carb/sugar dishes in 30 minutes or less. For more info on how MS affects my eating habits, click here.