This recipe is too good to be so simple.. In only 8 minutes of cooking time, you have a flavor-packed flank steak that everyone will love.
As you all know, I love recipes that are simple and easy to execute. I cook just about every night during the week so I don’t have the time to spend to get the flavors that sometimes come with hours of cooking. This recipe is great for those reasons.. you simply add all of the ingredients to a plastic bag and pop it in the fridge overnight and the work is done for you. When you’re ready for dinner, remove the steak from the bag and broil for 3-4 mintues on each side… so easy! I added some sautéed mushrooms on top and it was delicious.
- 1 1/2 pounds of flank steak
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
- 2 tablespoons ginger
- 3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 bunch of green onion
- 1 handful of cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Juice of one lime
- Salt and pepper
- Trim flank steak and add salt and pepper generously to both sides
- In a bowl, whisk together all ingredients leaving one tablespoon of green onion and sesame seeds aside (these will go on top when serving)
- Add marinade to plastic bag with steak. Make sure to coat the steak with the marinade
- Leave in refrigerator overnight or up to 24 hours
- Add flank steak to oven-safe pan and broil on each side. If you want medium rare (like photo below), cook 3 minutes on each side. If you like medium, 4 minutes on each side. 5 minutes on each side for well-done.
- Remove from oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing
- Add green onion and sesame seeds to the top and serve with vegetable of choice
A healthy eating series focusing on simple, low carb/sugar dishes in 30 minutes or less. For more info on how MS affects my eating habits, click here.