This Asian-inspired dish is so easy to make but will “wow” your dinner guests every time! Check out this quick video re-cap! Recipe below.
Salmon is one of the world’s healthiest foods – packed with omega-3 fatty acids, protein, vitamins and minerals. It contains over 100% of your daily vitamin D intake which is critical for us MSers since we often have deficiencies. Since salmon is rich in omega-3, which is a natural anti-inflammatory, it can even help keep your bones strong, heart healthy and increase brain function and memory. Have I convinced you yet?!
Best of all – it’s so tasty! With only a few ingredients, you can have an elevated, delicious dinner without the headache of hours of cooking.
Sweet Chili & Lime Salmon
- 2 Salmon fillets
- 2 limes
- Bunch of green onions
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Salt to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Other than the salmon, combine all ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk together
- Put half of the mixture all over the salmon, and set the other half aside
- If you have time, place salmon marinade in fridge for an hour or so in Tupperware. If not, you can immediately add to baking pan with tin foil.
- Once salmon fillets are on the sheet, add other half of mixture so it coats the top of each fillet
- Put salmon in the oven for 3 minutes on 400 degrees. Then, switch oven from “bake” to “broil” for 4 min to get more crispiness (Salmon should be “medium”after 7 minutes. If you care for it cooked through, add another 2 minutes or so)
- While salmon cooks, chop the ends of the green onions and put aside
- Remove salmon from oven and plate. Sprinkle sesame seeds and green onions on top of salmon and serve with lime wedges.
Mixing bowls are a lifesaver in the kitchen. I’m always using them for marinades, to hold ingredients or even serve food. These Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls from Crate and Barrel are my favorites. They start at only $4.95 and are sleek and modern which are perfect for plating too.
A healthy eating series focusing on simple, low carb/sugar dishes in 30 minutes or less. For more info on how MS affects my eating habits, click here.