Spooky S’More Gift Bags for Halloween
October 15, 2020 3 CommentsCategory: Entertaining, Holidays, Home Life, Kids' Parties
Tags: Halloween goodie bags, Spooky S'mores
This year will certainly look different for Halloween but we are still getting into the spirit by hosting a party for the kiddos on the block. Chloe is super into all of the seasonal festivities – from decorating our home with Halloween decorations to picking out pumpkins to planting mums – so she is really excited to have her friends over for some Halloween fun.
Since standard trick-or-treating isn’t feasible this year, we are inviting our neighbors over for a candy hunt in our back yard and stuffing 200 Halloween eggs with all sorts of goodies. We will also have a snack table with treats for the kids and festive Apple Cider cocktails for the adults. Chloe loves participating in the party set-up and has become my right-hand helper with all of the details.
To thank our neighbors for coming, we created these Spooky S’More goodie bags which are cute and super easy to make. You can find the instructions below.
2. Fake spiders
3. Spooky S’more Gift Tag – You’re welcome to download and print the one I made here: Halloween Spooky Smores.
4. Marshmallows – I bought the “flat” marshmallows from target so they are easier to make into a “sandwich”
5. Individual Hersey Candy bars
6. Graham crackers – I broke the whole piece into 2 piece sections
- In a cellophane bag, add two crackers, 1 marshmallow and 1 Hersey bar (I layered it so it looked like a sandwich)
- Add 2 fake siders on each side of the bag so they’re visible from the outside
- Print out gift tag template onto thick paper. I like to use this heavy-duty paper that’s printer-friendly but still have more weight to it than standard printer paper
- Optional: I laminated the sheet of paper (this is my favorite laminator!) and then used a paper cutter to cut out each tag.
- Add a hole punch to the left corner of each gift tag
- Place ribbon through each gift tag and wrap it around the bag. Tie knot. Then, tie a pretty bow. Trim the sides of the bow, if needed.
- Trim the top of the bag so there’s about 2″ of excess trim