Minestrone Your Kiddos (and You!) Will Love
March 8, 2020 No CommentsCategory: Dinner, Healthy Eating
Tags: Easy Dinner, Minestrone, Soup, Weeknight meal
I’m always looking for ways to get my kids to eat a lot of veggies and soup is the perfect solution. This minestrone is packed with veggies – carrots, peas, onions, leaks and celery – and I add beans and/or chicken for extra protein too.
Best of all I can make it in advance and serve it all week long for lunch or dinner.
Another reason I love to make this is so Chloe can cook with me. She loves using her Curious Chef knives to help chop veggies and get involved in the process.
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Leak, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 Carrots, chopped
- 1 cup of peas
- 1 can of Cannellini
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 L / 4 cups Chicken or Vegetable Stock (use less if you prefer a thicker soup)
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning / Herbs, to taste
- Salt + Pepper, to taste
- Optional: 1 cup pasta or shredded chicken
- Heat olive oil in a dutch oven or large saucepan on medium heat.
- Add onion, leak, carrots, celery and sauté until cooked, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Mix in tomato paste, herbs, salt and pepper
- Add in vegetable or chicken broth and bring to a boil; then add in peas and beans
- Leave to simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Plan out your weeknight nights in advance with my Weekly Meal Planner templates. You can find them all here.