The Best Chili Recipe
It’s officially football season so that means chili is back! This one is a winner is our house and has one secret ingredient that makes it extra special: pancetta! It add so much flavor.
(If you want to make it healthier, just swap the beef and pancetta for turkey sausage. I won’t typically eat this version but it’s a crowd-pleaser, for sure.)
To make this recipe even simpler, add in a packet of taco seasonings (I love Trader Joe’s one because it’s a bit spicy).
Need an easy way to plan your meals for the week? Download my weekly meal planner.
For a fun touch, add a topping bar so your guests can make it their own with options like cheddar, cheese, green onions, jalapeños, sour cream, Fritos (gotta love the crunch and salt!) and hot sauce.
The Best Chili
- 2 cups onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup of diced pancetta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 chopped jalapeño (more for toppings)
- 1 can green chilis
- 1 packet of taco seasonings
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can black beans
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 3 bay leaves
- Sauté garlic, onion and pancetta with olive oil over medium high heat for few minutes
- Add chopped jalapeño and beef, and cook through until beef is browned. Mix in taco seasonings.
- Add in beef broth, kidney beans, black beans, tomato sauces and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to simmer and add in bay leaves; simmer for 20 -30 min
- Heat and serve (make sure to remove the bay leaves)
I recommend making this a few hour or even a day in advance to maximize flavors. When you reheat add in another cup of beef broth. Enjoy!