The Perfect Summer Gazpacho
August 8, 2017 5 CommentsCategory: Healthy Eating
Tags: carb free, gluten free, summer soup, tasty tuesday
Ahhhhh, well, after being a bit of a Tasty Tuesday slacker the last few months, I wanted to return with a “bang” and share one of the most delicious and easy summertime recipes – gazpacho. Not only is it light and refreshing, but involves *zero* cooking!
I cannot take credit for this dish – my cousin Heather actually served it for lunch a few weeks ago- but it was so delicious that I not only went back for seconds but made it for my family the next weekend.The “star” of this recipe is the tomatoes so they need to be good ones. Id normally not recommend forking over big bucks for the fancy ones at Whole Foods but they really do make the dish so in this case, I say they’re worth the splurge.
- 1 1/4 pounds ripe yellow tomatoes
- 1 1/4 pound ripe orange tomatoes
- 1 4″ piece of English cucumber (de-skinned)
- 10 yellow grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Using the larger holes of a cheese grater, grate whole tomatoes and transfer juice and pieces into a bowl (they should look like the pic below where you only have the skin left over when you’re finished with them)
- Grate the cucumber using the smaller holes of the grater and add to the bowl
- Add grape tomatoes, garlic, vinegar, salt and oil and season with pepper. Whisk well and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve and enjoy!
A healthy eating series focusing on simple, low carb/sugar dishes in 30 minutes or less. For more info on how MS affects my eating habits, click here.