Last week, I featured the tastiest (and easiest!) Sweet Chili & Lime Salmon, and this week I’m pairing it with an Asian Cucumber Salad that complements it perfectly.
Check out this quick video that shows you just how simple it is to make – recipe inside!
The Paderno Spiralizer is back and in full force with this light and refreshing cucumber salad. I think this salad tastes best when the cucumbers are super thin, so I decided to try out my spiralizer for this and it worked great. I simply swapped out the noodle blade for this thinner/longer blade and the result was exactly what I was looking for.
Asian Cucumber Salad
- 4 cups of thinly sliced cucumbers (I love my Paderno spiralizer for this!)
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly slices red onion
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 2 teaspoons of sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of red chili flakes
- Sea salt to taste
- Spiralize cucumbers
- Chop up red peppers into small pieces and thinly slice red onion; set aside
- Whisk together rice wine vinegar, honey, red pepper flakes, sea salt and half of the sesame seeds
- Pour mixture over the cucumbers and add red peppers and onion; mix well
- Add the rest of sesame seeds to the top and serve
A healthy eating series focusing on simple, low carb/sugar dishes in 30 minutes or less. For more info on how MS affects my eating habits, click here.